Mendocino Mountain Bike Madness (M5)
Back for 2017!
The M5 features three fully supported days of amazing single-track mountain bike riding in Mendocino, California. You select which ride you want to do each day, show up at the appointed time and place, and let our local guides show you their favorite trails. Before you know it, they will be your favorites as well.Once you arrive at the M5, we take care of everything. Your weekend pass includes:
- Sleep deep in the redwoods in rustic cabins with fire places
- Hot showers
- Farm to table hot breakfast, lunch and dinners
- For all day rides, scrumptious lunch fixings for you to make for your day on the trail
- Free bottomless kegs of local craft beer and wine
- Nightly fun and games, including the famous Woodlands fire pit gatherings
- Daily yoga sessions (to be confirmed)
- Free mechanical support
- Free clinics
- Kids’ activities
Registration will open Feb 2017. Mark your calendars, this will sell out.
What to Bring
Below is a list of recommended gear to bring to the M5:
- Bike shoes
- Bike clothing
- Hydration pack or water bottles
- Sleeping bag
- Camp chair
- Flashlight or bike light
- Battery Operated Lantern (for inside your cabin!)
- Warm jacket for the evenings
- Bug Spray
- 3 nights lodging in charming rustic cabins at the Mendocino Woodlands.
- 7 delicious meals created and prepared by professional chef and organic farmer, Chef Dave Jamrock. Elegant Vegan and Vegetarian options offered as centerpieces rather than after-thoughts. Gluten-free options available with pre-arrangements. Please contact us.
- 3 days of guided riding in and around the 50,000 acre Jackson State Forest.
- Hot showers
- Kids activities
- Beer garden
- Daily yoga sessions
(Registration is only available in advance, online.)
All guided rides, meals, camping, and shuttles (where applicable) are included.
- $TBD for each rider
Guests (not participating in guided riding)
Camping and meals are included. Guests may not join guided rides from camp, but they may ride the many single-track trails and dirt roads around the camp. A 10-mile mostly single-track loop from camp will be marked.
- $TBD for each guest (age 13 and over) for the weekend.
- $TBD for kids 5-12
- $TBD kids 2-5
- Free kids under 2
Cancellations and Refunds
If you need to cancel and request a refund for M5, please email us and make sure the word “M5 Cancellation” is in the subject line. Our refund policy works as follows:
- Greater than 90 Days before the beginning of the event: 75% of registration fee refunded
- Between 89 and 60 Days before the beginning of the event: 60% of registration fee refunded
- Between 59 and 30 Days before the beginning of the event: 50% of registration fee refunded
No refund if cancelled within 30 days of the beginning of the event.
Transfers may be arranged. Email us with the words “M5 Transfer” in the subject line. Transfers must be arranged at least 3 days prior to the event. Transfers within 3 days of the event are not guaranteed. These policies must be strictly enforced.
LocationMendocino Woodlands State Park, Fort Bragg, CA 95437
Mendocino is 155 miles northwest of San Francisco. For directions, click here.
M5 takes place at the spectacular Mendocino Woodlands.
For the M5 weekend, we have reserved Camp One of the Mendocino Woodlands. Each of its 46 four-bed cabins is fully enclosed and equipped with a fireplace, closet and balcony. The cabins are clustered in three groups, each group with a hot water shower/toilet facility. The kitchen joins two dining halls with a large fireplace in each hall. In addition to its main dining/recreation hall, Camp One has an 1,800 sq. ft. recreation hall with a large stone fireplace. Some campers claim it has the best dance floor on the West Coast!
For more information on the Woodlands accommodations – pictures, site maps, photos, etc. – check out their website.
Once you have registered for the event, you will be sent a link to select your cabin. Not sure which one to select? Look here to see a map of the cabin layout and rest assured that all cabins are equally wonderful. Note that you will need your order number from the M5 registration to complete your cabin registration.
Free on-site parking for the duration of the weekend. Please carpool where possible. No RV or Trailer hook-ups available.
KidsLast year we arranged for two nature walks with the Woodlands’ Park Naturalist and one of our “kid wrangler” volunteers and will be arranging similar nature activities this year too! If your kid is old enough to go to the bathroom alone then he/she is probably okay to attend one of our kid sessions while you ride! Parents and younger kids welcome to join as well.
- Other kid friendly activities in the works.
- Friday or Saturday movie night
- There are a number of single-track trails and dirt roads close to camp that are appropriate for family cycling outings.
ContactFor more information or questions:
Schedule – Aug 17-20, 2017
See below for what a typical M5 weekend looks like (subject to change).
5 p.m. — 8 p.m: Registration
No meals or guided rides on Thursday
There are several restaurants and grocery stores in Mendocino where you can eat and drink. It is a 20 min drive on dirt roads from Hwy 1 into the Woodlands – we recommend stopping in Mendocino for a bite and/or getting food to go before heading into the Woodlands.
Friday & Saturday
7 a.m. — 8 p.m.: Registration
7 a.m. — 9:30 a.m.: Breakfast served
7 a.m. — 9 a.m.: Make your own lunch (if all day ride is offered)
7 a.m.: Bike Yoga (TBD)
- Morning ride. Meet at appointed meeting place. Rides will leave from camp or via shuttle.
- Ride clinic (Friday only).
- Kids’ nature walk or similar
12 p.m. – 2 p.m.:Lunch served
- Afternoon ride. Meet at appointed meeting place. Rides will leave from camp or via shuttle.
- Ride clinic (Friday only)
- Kids’ activity TBD
6 p.m. — 8:30 p.m.: Dinner served
After dinner: Fire pit time. Beer garden*. Dance party TBD. Kids’ movie night.
9 p.m.: Night ride!
Schedule is the same as for Friday and Saturday, except for:
- No afternoon guided rides on Sunday
- No dinner served on Sunday
- M5 ends Sunday afternoon. We must be cleared out of the woodlands by 3pm Sunday. We are not permitted to stay Sunday night. Thanks for being a part of M5!
*Beer garden open all day